It is important to provide high-quality products and services promptly, and with reasonable prices in a business scene.
However, we also believe that After-sales service is the crucial factor to build a long-term, positive relationship with your customers.
The After-sales service department (or service company) stands the closest to the customers. Therefore, it is essential to respond to complaints and opinions regarding the products and services in a timely manner to satisfy the needs of customers.
In order to improve Customer Experience (CX), we are responsible to improve the cost, the speed, the quality of the service, and to establish systems such as organizations, business processes, and information systems, that prevent complaints and problems.
Customer Experience will not improve in a day. Small improvements will gradually build-up the strong bond between loyal customers. This bond will eventually lead to the increase cross selling, up selling and repeaters.
Our After-sales service consulting service will identify the cause of the decline CX, and will propose measures for improvements.
Have you ever experienced any of the following problems?
- The call center staffs are unable to troubleshoot over the phone when the customers call in for problems. There are not enough call staff members that are knowledgeable about the product and services because they change frequently.
- The responses for complaints and problems are frequently delayed, or not replied. The Turnaround Time (TOT) is not improving.
- Estimates for repairs and services are requested, but it takes too long to reply.
- The call center staffs are making the customers wait over the phone since they cannot identify the available dates for field services.
- Services are not completed in the first visit for field services, and second visits are made.
- Products and services that are provided have problems frequently, and cause downtime on the customer’s side. Prevention plans based on IoT and product improvement cycles are not developed.
- Staffs cannot give a completion date for the service since the procurement lead time for required parts takes too long, or the delivery date is unpredictable.
- Contracts are not fulfilled because the maintenance contracts are not shared among departments.
- There are many complaints because the services are delayed or over sighted, or the contracts are not fulfilled.
— Preventive Maintenance Model
- Regular maintenances are performed, but details and history of the maintenances are not analyzed for better services in the future. The service provider wants to provide timely maintenance services based on the operations of each unit.
- IoT/ M2M techniques are introduced but it is not used effectively for service maintenances. The operation data of the machine are currently graphed on the monitor but the data should also be utilized for preventive maintenances.
- It is difficult to access the progress and profit / loss of the maintenance services because the forecasts and results of the preventive maintenance services are not recorded.
— Service Revenue
- Maintenance history and warranty period are not shared with the sales department. They cannot make use of these data for proposing replacement and negotiate prices. (Up selling/ Cross selling)
- Maintenance services that can be billed are not billed because maintenance contract details are not managed accordingly.
- The renewal rate of maintenance contracts is low.
— Streamlining Business Processes: Standardization
- Service processes are not standardized. Service operations will not function well when staffs are relocated or retired since services are dependent to each individual or departments.
- Staff members cannot access service data because the input format of the operation systems is not normalized. This is causing difficulties to link accounting information and trend analysis.
— Data Cleansing
- To release the information system, the quality of the master data and the service history data is very low, and not up to date. The data format of the current system and the new system differs greatly, so that it makes it problematic for data cleansing.
- Data that needs to be migrated does not exist in a digital or editable format since individual departments or staff members are organizing the data in paper or pdf format.